- Blended Learning available
- Skill sessions and Assessment only
First Aid for the Motorcyclist
Nationally recognised training – HLTAID003 Provide First Aid for the Motorcyclist describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. HLTAID003 Provide First Aid was formerly known as Senior First Aid.
We have contextualised this nationally recognised unit of competency for motorcyclists. Training & Assessment is delivered in partnership with Registered Training Organisation Healthcorp #91222.
Our highly skilled and experienced Registered Paramedics have designed this course in such a way that we empower the learner with key underpinning knowledge in critical areas of First Aid.
Providing knowledge with confidence for the Real World. First Aid topics include;
- All essential criteria for HLTAID003
- How to safely respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and provide a safe environment
- Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Adult + Child + Infant CPR
- Emergency motorcycle helmet removal
- Manage traumatic emergencies including severe bleeding (haemostatic agents & how to correctly apply a commercial tourniquet)
- Manage medical emergencies including use of EpiPen® (epinephrine) Auto-Injector + Asthma Inhaler
- Safety, additional resources available…. and much, much more
- 8 Hours face-to-face
- Reduced hours for other formats
- $150. per person (regular fee)
- Club discounts available
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (nationally recognised)
- STOP the BLEED issued by the ACS, Committee on Trauma (internationally recognised)
All programs delivered Australia Wide by highly qualified paramedics who have attended ‘real life’ emergencies.
Delivery provided in Rural & Remote areas.
Course discounts available for the following clubs
Rider Down Program Awards
We are excited to announce that the Rider Down program is a two-time finalist in the Australian Road Safety Awards. Proving our program is so much more than a typical First Aid course.Find out more